Thursday, September 27, 2007

Life

I snapped this right outside the gate of the guesthouse. We walked to Kansenshie to access the internet. Once we arrived, we were told that the internet is down. This happens to us all of the time. Thankfully, I am persistant. There are some days that I may try four places before finding one with working computers and internet service.

Jason is preparing tea for me and instant coffee for him. Note the cloth he holds over the spout to catch the floaties.

Steven, Carlin, and Sia prepare lunch for the rest of the kids.


These are the two pots we use to boil water and to cook rice. We are trying to find stainless steel pots and pans for our own home but for now, we use these aluminum ones.



And here are two of my girls. They love having their pictures taken. Shhhh...don't tell them I told you!

Boiling our drinking water each day has become a several hour ordeal for Jason. He can't just boil it and put it directly in bottles for drinking. First the boiled water must cool for several hours because all pitchers and bottles are made of plastic.

The most efficient way is to boil the night before and let the pots sit overnight. By morning, the water is ready to pour into bottles. We flavor it with either tea or lemon as we are not use to the taste. But, we share the kitchen with at least 11 other people. Of course they do not understand our need for sanitation.

This morning Jason found the counter crawling with ants. We make sure everything is wiped down with bleach water and clean before leaving the kitchen. But when others use it after us, we must start all over the next morning before we can have our tea or even prepare breakfast. This is one of the frustrations of not having our own home.

I didn't manage to get my usual computer at the internet station. I've tried several times to upload photos to this post to no avail. And to top if off, I often have people standing behind me reading everything I've written. I CRAVE PRIVACY!

The kids all love living at the guest house because of all the wonderful people we have met. It's just Jason and I who long for peaceful evenings and mornings. Last night a musical group came. They are singing at the local Baptist church for the next several evenings. They got in late last night and were up at the crack of dawn this morning laughing, joking, having drumming contests, and just having fun. There is NOTHING wrong with this, it's just that we've been living this way for three weeks with no end in sight.
Thank you for keeping us in your thoughts and prayers. We appreciate you all!
Blessings and joy,
Beckie

No comments: