Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Marcella Market

Beckie, Debbie, and Sharon

Today Sharon, Debbie, and I braved Marcella, Ndola's most popular market. Well, I don't know that "braved" is exactly the right word. We asked Augustine to escort us. It would have been a much different experience had we gone by ourselves. What an adventure for Debbie and me. The adventure brought back fond memories for Sharon.

Just about anything from baskets to fish and caterpillars can be found in this huge, lively market.



Below Sharon, Debbie, and Augustine pose for a photo in front of chickens destined for tonight's dinner. Uh, no--not ours!

The Women's conference is tomorrow from 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 in the afternoon. Of course Debbie and Sharon have been prepared for a long time. I need to finalize my part this evening so will bring this post to a close.

Blessings and joy,
Beckie

1 comment:

tara doty said...

all three ladies look like they're on actual "vacation." :)

Beckie - you look wonderful!