Friday, March 21, 2008

Debbie & Sharon in Ndeke

"The heavens declare the glory of God; the skies proclaim the work of His hands."
Psalm 19:1
I know you will find this hard to believe but the picture posted above was not doctored in Photoshop. The sky was that blue. I didn't have a polarizer on my lens, nothing. Don't you just love God's magnificent creation? I never tire of Zambian skies. In fact, I enjoy them as much as I do the snowcapped mountains of the Cascades near our hometown of Redmond, Oregon.

I thoroughly enjoy posting all of these photographs of our days with Debbie and Sharon for each one opens a floodgate of memories. All of the pictures in this post were captured this past Saturday in the Ndola township of Ndeke which means "airport" in the Bemba language. This little community was suitably named as it borders the Ndola airport.

Pastors Charles and Sarah Mwila (Sarah was our interpretor at the women's conference that we soooo enjoyed) invited us to visit their home and church which we were thrilled to do. Debbie, Sharon, Isata, Shauna, Sia, Caylie and I all piled into a taxi and off we went.

Once we visited a bit with the Mwila's at their home, it was off to the building site of the Ndeke church. In the picture below, Pastor Mwila hold's the umbrella to shield Sharon from the sun, although upon closer inspection, it appears he had all of the shade!


Winnie, the Mwila's granddaughter, was happy to have someone more her size to play with. What shocked us is that this little girl is only three years old and yet she is nearly the size of Caylie! This was quite a surprise as Caylie is as tall as many Zambian eleven-year olds.






Visiting with the Mwila's in their home.

I am afraid this is the last of our "Debbie and Sharon" pictures. I think I will wait until they have fully recovered from their eventful trip back home before I start hinting for them to return. We miss you Debbie! We miss you Sharon!

Blessings and joy,
Beckie

No comments: