Sia Ruthanna Rae Sibley
Today we celebrated our baby girl’s birthday. Although our eyes first met summer of 2002, it seems like just yesterday that she rounded the last corner of the airport with Isata and Daddy. I will never forget the overwhelming emotion that consumed me at that very instant. It had been a two year battle to get our daughters home and most of those two years looked hopeless. So when Sia lifted her precious arms to me that very first time, well. . .words just can’t describe how I felt.As you can see by these pictures, our baby girl is growing up. One day when she was about 5 ½ years old, she told me that she was always going to stay little so that we could snuggle. She said that she didn’t want to grow up “EVER”. I told her that Justin said the same thing when he was a little boy and look what happened?
She replied with all sincerity, “Mommy, I won’t be like Justin. I really WILL stay little forever.” And she meant it. It seemed that just for a moment, time stood still as I cuddled my baby girl closely, kissed her velvety soft cheeks, and thanked Jesus for the little blessing I held in my arms. I am a very rich mommy with a treasure chest of golden memories such as this.
* * *
Jason had everything ready to make a special birthday breakfast but woke up to no power AGAIN. I planned a special day in town with just the two of us. But without electricity, stores don’t open. Thankfully, we have learned flexibility. Hopefully tomorrow we can resume our plans.
The Matabmos joined us for dinner, ice-cream, and a movie (The Princess Bride) to celebrate this glorious day. I gathered everyone outside for a quick picture using the self-timer on my camera. Our home radiates laughter whenever this dear family visits.

Back row left to right: Me, Jason, Augustine, and Bridget; Middle row left to right: Shauna, Isata, Jane, Prudence, Sia; Front: Caylie, Farai, Carlin, Steven
Blessings and joy,
Beckie



4 comments:
that CANNOT be Sia!!!
not to the same degree, I'm sure, but it also tugs at our hearts to see how she has grown so quickly. our little friend who took so much time with our baby girl - to teach her so much and spend that precious time with her each day...SO special to us YOU are!
Happy Birthday, Sia!
We love you.
Chris, Tara & Mae
What a BEAUTY!! Sia, you are growing up way too fast! But you are and how beautiful too. We love you dearly and miss you!
We hope you were able to go shopping today.
Love,
Charity & Chloe
Happy Birthday Sia!!! We miss and love you! Lisa & Justin
Happy Valentine's Day!!! WE LOVE YOU!!! XOXOXOXOX
Post a Comment