that our electricity service is scheduled for a two-day outage beginning tomorrow which means no internet, running water, (unless you count the rain running off of the roof during a downpour) and of course no refrigeration. This time, we are prepared!
Jason filled 2 liter milk jugs as well as fabric softener and bleach bottles with water and set them inside our very small chest freezer this morning. Once the power goes out, we will immediately transfer the milk to the freezer where it will stay frosty until electricity service is restored. Hey, kind of like camping!
I spent the last few hours answering emails, typing lessons, and printing all of the classwork for the next two days. Tuesday night we will enjoy MTI class with the Matambos by candlelight just like we did last Thursday when the power was out AGAIN. Bridget and Augustine take utility outages in stride. They enjoy MTI so much that a little problem like no lights to see and take notes by is no more than a minor nuisance.
I look forward to getting my camera out tomorrow. Our kids have busied themselves after school by making dolls and houses using material and cardboard scraps. Their creativity never ceases to amaze me. They have created whole families. I'll quit describing their masterpieces here and let you wait for the pictures later in the week.
We have another new student joining us tomorrow morning. This one is Bridget's younger sister. Her education was interrupted when her mother became ill and was hospitalized. Since then she has remained home to care for her mother and do household chores. She desperately wants to learn. Another one of Bridget's siblings is moving back from Lusaka to attend to their mother's needs freeing Prudence to come to school here. According to Augustine and Bridget, Prudence is very excited about learning here with us.
Well, it is now wee hours on Monday morning so I need to close and get some sleep. I will post again later in the week when our power is restored and I have some fun images to share. Until then. . .
Blessings and joy,
Beckie
Monday, January 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Hello Beckie,
My name is Sharon and I saw you at Cottage Grove Faith Center. I picked up one of your neat family picture/postcard at church and have prayed for you. I finally sat down to read your website and was excited to find you have a blog! I have a blog too. I would love to keep in touch with you.
It sounds like things are going well for you in Zambia and that your family is making a big impact on the people. How exciting.
I will check your site again. If you have time, come on over to my blog and say hello.
May God richly bless you and your family and keep you safe!
Hugs, Sharon
Post a Comment