Thursday, May 1, 2008

* * *Happy 50th Birthday Bubby* * *

Today my brother and cherished friend joins me in the "Nifty Fifties". I so wish I were there to celebrate with him. Fred and I enjoy loads of fun whenever we are together although such precious moments are few and far between. We bring out the best in each other, my brother and me.

Although we are different in many respects, in others we are like twins sharing the same odd habits and the ability to finish each other's sentences. We chat through Skype almost daily depending on my internet connection of course. We make each other laugh--a lot.

Ya gotta love those glasses. I'm sure you can guess which of us is the goofiest.

All of my kids agree that no one can tell a story like Uncle Fred. We all listen intently as he takes us down Memory Lane. His stories are wild, TRUE, and almost always hysterical.

Here we are once again on an Easter Sunday. Our beloved grandmother loved capturing images of us.

Fred, I pray that your birthday is extra special as you celebrate this milestone. I thank God for the friendship we share and for the gift of YOU. I love you dearly.

Blessings and joy,
Beckie

2 comments:

J said...

Did you add color to these photos in photoshop??? I would have thought they would have been in black and white

Beckie Sibley said...

Yikes! We aren't THAT old. These photos are as scanned, untouched. They are the real deal.