Steven has the most contagious laugh you ever heard. Nearly every day, he has the whole family laughing hysterically at least once and usually a whole lot more. And he loves, loves, LOVES music. He is ALWAYS singing and/or bee-bopping (is bee-bopping even a word?) around the house.
Today we all went to Quick Save for lunch which is such a huge treat. As you can see by Steven's big smile, he was a happy camper.
As you can see by the wide smiles of my beautiful sweet daughters, they were happy to celebrate their brother's birthday. One of the many blessings of many children is that there is almost always a birthday to enjoy.
The kids started off at separate tables but decided to all sit together shortly after these pictures were taken. I think one of their favorite things in life is selecting their lunches from the menus and placing the orders.
For the next month, we have two fourteen year old daughters, Shauna and Isata; two twelve year-old sons; and one feisty eleven year-old Sia who just happens to be the tallest all the kids. Life is never boring at the Sibleys!Today I started teaching a nutrition class at the Theological College of Central Africa, a highly respected and accredited Bible college right here in Ndola. My students are wives of the pastoral students at the college. Families live on campus for three to four years depending on their programs. My classes are not accredited but are part of the required courses. I am honored to be a part of this program and will tell you all about it in my next post.
I hope you are all enjoying beautiful weather today as we are here in Zambia.
Blessings and joy,
Beckie


11 comments:
Beckie, Steven has changed so much- so grown up! He and Sia have changed the most, physically, at least from my perspective. Happy Birthday to him, and it looks like fun was had by all. This really looks like quite a modern place too. : )
Steven~
you have always been a true gift to us -- we have loved you since we've known you, and now we can't believe how much you've changed since we last saw you. we cannot wait to "hang out" with you again soon -- we hope you had a Happy 12th Birthday! we love you so much!
The Dotys
Charity~~yes Steven and Sia have changed the most physically. Poor Carlin, he was taller than all of his African siblings when they first joined us. Now he is the shortest which just doesn't fit his ego.
Hi Dotys~~Steven grinned from ear to ear when I read your sweet comment. He is so looking forward to seeing all of you again and can't wait to challenge Chris to a game of basketball.
Happy birthday Steven, Soon will be a teenager, WOW
Love the smiles of all you kids
Ian Blackie
You have a beautiful family, Becky. We are in Redmond, I saw your link on the COHR site. I look forward to meeting you in the fall.
What part of Zambia are you in? We have a friend there...I believe Lusaka. Just wondering if you knew him. :)
Hi Amanda,
We live in Ndola, about four hours from Lusaka. We don't know your friend. What is he doing in Zambia? Is he at the Embassy or a missionary perhaps? There are many people from all over the world here for a variety of reasons. It's amazing to see what other people are up to.
Blessings to you~~
Yes, Bee-bopping is a word. And Steven truly defines it. Best wishes to Steven for a wonderful year ahead!
Darla
Happy belated Birthday STEVEN. May 18 is also birthday of my daughter Jennifer and my sister. FABULOUS day!! We're looking forward to seeing you back in Redmond.
Tom & Andrea
Greetings! I just found you while reading comments on PW's Twitter pics.
Because my heart (and all the rest of me) belongs to Jesus, and we know we are called to missions I had to stop by and visit.
Well done, well done good and faithful servants!
You have such a beautiful family. And you are right with kids around there is always a birthday or something to celebrate. I will keep you and your family in my prayers, I am sure your work is touching and changing the lives of many people.
Post a Comment