We were blessed to pieces when we visited the Sande's church, which began just eight months ago, to see a thriving, involved congregation. Pastor Charles taught about about the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and why it was absolutely necessary for the redemption of mankind. The message was biblically sound and well received by all.
What encourages us about this small church is that it is maturing without our involvement. This has always been our goal in Zambia: to raise strong spiritual leaders who depend wholly on God for guidance, wisdom, and provision. Pastors Charles and Petra Sande are such leaders. They completed MTI classes that Jason taught in Ndeke and set right out to apply their new ministry skills in Mushili, one of Ndola's poverty stricken compounds.
Pictured below, Pastors Charles and Petra humbly accept a gift, completely unexpected, from their congregation. They began this church less than a year ago; yet have already gained the love and respect of the congregation.
I snapped this picture after Charles and Petra accepted the gift and then said a prayer of thanksgiving and blessing over the church (congregation).
Outside, our little ham (that would be Sia) asked me to take her picture. That night, she broke out in chicken pox. She wasn't smiling then.
I hope this finds all of you enjoying a beautiful spring day. Again, I thank you for all of the love and prayers you send our way. You make a difference to us here in Zambia.
Blessings,
Beckie


2 comments:
Your family is so beautiful inside and out.
How is Sia?
Love you!
Hi Sia,
Hope you are all better. I remember when I got chicken pox and my dear sister said that I was so ugly! But you are beautiful.
Jerry Keller
Post a Comment