Thursday, October 4, 2007

What true blessings you are!

Yesterday, I came down to the internet station as usual. I always check my emails before posting to the blog. I was so overwhelmed with precious messages that I had to fight back tears of joy, (I use the internet in a very PUBLIC place). After reading all of the messages, I came here to post and. . .blogspot was down for some reason. I could read my blog but not post to it.

So here I am today to tell you that when you send an email, when you say words of encouragement, every single one touches our hearts. Especially right now when our life seems to be on hold. Knowing that you didn't forget about us when we left American soil, makes us feel very loved indeed.

I've been struggling lately as this is the first season in forever that I've actually dealt with boredom. Even though this is obviously part of God's plan for us at this particular time here in Zambia, there are moments when I feel as though I've lost my purpose. Intellectually, I know this isn't true. But in my human-ness, I want to DO SOMETHING! Of course that "something" does not include boiling our daily water or hand washing our clothes, but making a difference in other people's lives.

So. . .when I received messages telling me that these postings and pictures were actually ministering to people, many of whom I have never met, it was like walking into an air-conditioned room after melting in the heat all day. Like I said before, I almost starting sobbing, you know the ugly, mskeup-running-down-the-face cry, right here in a room full of Zambian professionals. Thankfully, I held it all together and no one here knew the difference!

GOOD NEWS, I "think." There are some people who live across the street from the house we are hoping to move into soon. They are moving to Kitwe and are selling many of their appliances and furniture. Jason and I looked at the applicances and they are all in excellent shape. They are priced at half of what we would pay to purchase brand new.

The problem is communication. It's very difficult to find these people at home, so we must make all arrangements through our future landlord. Although they speak English, it is surprising at how difficult it is at times to truly understand each other.

We want to buy the appliances which are: a stove, refrigerator, freezer, and drum roll please. . .a washing machine! The washer is still in the box, never used. Please pray that we can get through to the owners of the appliances before they sell to someone else. Also continue to pray that the people who own and live in the house we are planning to move into will find a smaller house at the right price and in the right neighborhood. They have actually found a house but are still negotiating the monthly rent. That could go on for months!

Thanks again for your faithfulness in prayer, in correspondence, and in your financial giving. You are touching our lives and those of some Zambians in very tangible, meaningful ways.

Blessings and joy,
Beckie

No comments: