We are continually amazed at all the ways God is confirming His faithfulness to us as a family and to those we will serve.
Several months ago, I received a call from Cheryl Bartz, a wonderful lady in our church that I barely knew, although she was our church secretary. She offered to hold a garage sale at the church to sell our stuff and raise funds for the Zambia ministry. She told me it would be "fun" and that she really wanted to do this for us. For those of you who know me, I am not one to inconvenience people. Sometimes that is a terrific strength; other times it's one of my major weaknesses.
Because I believed her offer was sincere, I thanked her for her willingness to support us by organizing the sale. But it wasn't until I dropped by late Friday afternoon that I realized the magnitude of just how much this dear woman and her family had taken on to bless our ministry.
First of all, the sale was located in the parking lot on the south side of the Center, (one of our church buildings). The pavement is black, the temperatures in the 90's. Those of you in hotter climates, may be laughing right now. But most of us in Central Oregon melt when the temps rise much above 80.
I was overwhelmed with gratitude at what I saw. The parking lot was FULL of items donated for sale in addition to our own belongings. All had been organized. Cheryl was sunburned and dehydrated but was still going strong with a smile on her face. Our older children worked all day with her and thoroughly enjoyed it. Several other volunteers were working as well.
Actually, the whole Bartz family committed to this project. Cheryl's husband, Russ actually spent the night just to make sure nothing was stolen. Her little daughters, ages 4 and 10 months were there both days as well. To the Bartz family and all of the other hard -working volunteers, THANK YOU!
Thank you Jesus for showering us with the most wonderful friendships any family could have. Thank you for your provision in every area of our lives. You truly are AWESOME!
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment